About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

So much to show!

I have determined that I am not good at keeping the ole blog current. I do apologize.
Today I have PICTURES! We've been so busy lately. This week starts The Wizard of Oz!!! Yay!!!

Ok, to catch up: here are some of the non-fiction bubbles we made. I checked out about 25 non fiction books on their levels and they each chose one. We practiced reading them, then used post-its to mark 3 important facts, one thing the subject loves (or if their subject was non-living, something they loved about their subject), and one picture they would draw. They turned out so CUTE!!Scarecrows... What in interesting topic to choose!
OH- I almost forgot! We decorated the bubbles to look sort of like the subject. We did NOT draw the subject on the bubble, just tried to make it look kind of like it... She did a good job on decorating the scarecrow bubble with plaid patches! So awesome!Firetrucks. Lovely diagram.


This one is sweet because its about Taylor Swift. LOVE the diagram. She labeled her guitar and feet. Hilarious!
I realized that the kids really did understand what they were doing. However, the final product wasn't perfect. There were quite a few incomplete sentences. I get torn between proofing every thing they do, and just letting them do it on their own. *sigh* Its hard to know what is best.


We did a quick week of small groups focused on dinosaurs. I had some leveled texts so we used them and then did a whole class art project. Here is where I got the idea! Genius!


Demise of the dinosaurs by meteorites!

Then for Penguin Week we made a tree map, picked three sentences and wrote them on a penguin belly! Adorable.


Alright, I will TRY to update more frequently during the Wizard of Oz amazingness! :D
I hope you are having a great end of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment