We are counting down the day til 2nd grade and we only have 6 left! I cannot believe how fast time has flown. And how much left we have to do!! This week the kids will be completing their hard back books and on Thursday we are sharing them with other students and our parents! Its my first big parent event at our school, and I hope it will go well. We will also be finishing up Charlotte’s Web and learning about money! So much to do!
I’m glad to say the firsties are sharing my love for the goose and gander. T double E double R double I double F double I double C c c c … we had a great laugh together spelling it out on the board. While they are enjoying the story, they are not used to listening to chapter books (which is completely my fault.). I need to rework my schedule next year to have a good morning meeting every day and a chapter read aloud time!
I’m joining a linky party about my Summer Bucket List. I am going to have a busy summer! So here it goes:
1. Celebration! I’ll be 26 soon and I’m looking forward to celebrating with friends. More importantly, my sister is getting MARRIED! So excited for her and her sweet fiance.
2. Middle TN Writing Project! I cannot wait to go and become a better writer and teacher of writing. I have been so blessed with this opportunity and I know my students will benefit from it, as well!
3. Tutoring. I will be working with one of my students and a brother who is getting ready for Kindergarten. I’ve found so many amazing FREE resources on TpT and can’t wait to spend time with the sweet boys.
4. Laying by the pool and getting a tan! This is a very important, daily activity. I will be there every single day. Not kidding. If you need me, look there first.
5. Running in the Chick Fil A One Less run. I’ll only be running one mile, because I am a fair weather runner. Heat doesn’t do well with me. However, I’ll be getting some awesome swag (already got 2 free sandwiches and I’ll get a shirt) and run for an amazing cause!
6. Cupcake Wars theme party! My girlfriends and I are going to have the first annual Cupcake Wars this summer. My husband will send out 2 secret ingredients and a theme on a Friday. Then we’ll team up and bake, bake, bake! On Saturday afternoon we’ll show our treats, eat some deliciousness, have them judged, declare a winner, and sit by the pool! Good Times!
6. Read, read, read!! And read some more! No idea what to read yet. Suggestions welcome! I like professional literature and novels
I hope your summer is amazing and rejuvenating! Post your own list and link up here.

Wow! Have fun at the Writing Project! You're gonna love it! Also, I cannot wait to hear about the Cupcake Wars! I cannot imagine the fun you'll have--hopefully the ingredients are yummy!
ReplyDelete-Brooke
Once Upon A First Grade Adventure
I will be at the pool too!
ReplyDeleteI am happy to have found your blog and am your newest follower! =)
I teach 1st grade too and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I have some *freebies* you can use for your tutoring.
Heather
Heather's Heart
Your Cupcake Wars party sounds SO fun!!! And I can't wait to get a tan!!! Thank you for joining our party!
ReplyDelete❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher
I am a new follower! Super cute blog!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the pool this summer!
Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher
Your summer sounds so fun! Love the idea of a cupcake war!
ReplyDeleteMisty
Think, Wonder, & Teach
I love the ideas for the Cupcake Wars. It sounds like such fun!
ReplyDeleteJoni
KinderKids Fun
jegalford3406@gmail.com