About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Getting Ready for School

This is NOT a post about me getting ready for school! Just had to clarify. I’ve only been out of school for a few days, and I have had the urge to work on a few things. My husband keeps telling me to stop it and enjoy my vacation! Haha. He’s so sweet.

Anyway, this is a post about me helping some kids get ready for school! I will be working with 2 sweet friends this summer and I’m trying to get things to help them be ready. One is going into Kindergarten, and that is where I need some guidance! So, K teachers, please tell me what skills you want students to show up with on Day 1!!!

I found a great FREE item on TpT by Kim Adsit called Homework Bags. It had a different manipulative each week (Play-dog, dominoes, buttons, etc.) and activities to do each night of the week with that particular manipulative! Genius!

I want to do some emergent readers, to see how familiar he is with print and to encourage repeated reading at home. I found some great ones on TpT and I made one of my own! It’s penguin themed-of course- and you can find it here at my TpT store. It’s a story about feeding a penguin fish. Its focused on number words one to five. It also comes with counting mats. So you can use play-doh or goldfish crackers of whatever you’d like to match with the number on the mat to “feed the penguin”.

pengpub

As I make more and find more, I’ll share! Again, any K teachers, please let me know where I should focus. Right now I’m thinking letter ID, number ID, 1:1 ratio, and concepts of print.

Hope you are enjoying your summer and NOT getting ready for next year yet, too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not out of school yet, and I can't stop thinking about next year!! lol
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete