About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Look!

So I decided the blog needed a fresh look for SPRING!
It's been truly beautiful here lately, and I have needed it something bad. Sunshine is a vital ingredient in my happiness. And the dears need it too!

And now readers, a gift for you! I made this graphic organizer to help us summarize a story. I purchased the clip art from Scrappin Doodles! SO CUTE! Hope you can use it.

How to Summarize a Story


I am going to start How To writing after spring break. I will start researching next week. I am very excited about it! The kids were so successful with our Moe Willems author study and I can't wait to see them explore a new genre of writing.

If you have used anything great for teaching procedural writing, comment and share! :) I saw on Proteacher a few weeks ago where a teacher had a piece of gum and asked the kids how to blow a bubble. She did -literally- what they told her. No one said take the wrapper off, so she put it in her mouth wrapped, etc... Sounds super fun! I think I will do it with How to make a PBJ! The point is to help kids really think through the directions they will write. As I said, I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment