About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break!

Hello Spring Break(capitalization necessary as it is a holiday!)!

I am so excited to be able to relax this week. I have a very small list of things to do. They are as follows:
1. sleep in. Or at least take naps, to fully enjoy the laziness that Spring Break offers. I often feel guilty for sleeping in and taking naps, but on Spring Break, I need to just give myself some slack.

2. practice the uke daily. I printed out some songs to learn and I want to work on strumming. It's hard to play, strum, and sing! I can strum, but when I start to sing, I forget how! But I have to remind myself, I am retraining my brain. It takes time :)

3. finish my lesson plans for the rest of the YEAR! My wonderful team got together to plan it out and its looking great.
It looks like this-Think Link next week, 2 more weeks of the basal reader, 1 week of teacher rotations for reading (we are all picking our favorite book to teach...hmmm what shall I choose?), 1 week of fairy tale teacher rotations (Peter Pan!!), 2 weeks of Wizard of Oz, and 2 end of first grade days. WHOOOO!

4. see my sweet youngest sister (in-law) kick booty at her gymnastic state meet! Go for the Gold!

5. embrace the experience of a RUSH concert with my sweet husband. He loves RUSH. They finally came to Nashville to we are going to see them, of course! Darling husband doubts I will be able to "handle the noise". I am putting up a strong front (but secretly, he is probably right...).

That is all I have planned. 5 simple little things. The rest will be up to my whims and fancies. Hurrah!
If the weather fancies to turn itself around and allow the sun to bake me, I would happily add that to the list. Currently, it looks like a week of rain. Hmph.

Anyway- I leave you with a cute book one of my children wrote...
Title: There was on Old Lady Who Swallowed a Cupcake
Page 1: There was an old lady who swallowed a cupcake. I don't know why she swallowed a cupcake.
Page 2: It was Mrs. Person.

Apparently I am now and old lady :) At least they understand my obsession with cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment