So we finished our How To writing. It was very fast, and I really wish I could have spent more time on it, but hey, we live and learn. Next year I will plan differently :) The kids did a good job with their topics, but the thing that impressed me most were the book blurbs they wrote! My favorite was "Are you ready to learn how to draw a heart? Read my book!" so adorable!
Next week: NON-FICTION!
We will be making bubbles, not books. The amazing book Of Primary Importance by Ann Marie Corgill gives examples of them, so we are going to try it out. Basically, its a poster that it is a circle! They choose a topic and write 3-5 facts, draw a diagram or time line, and make a heart with something their subject loves inside. I will be making a bubble about penguins (which we will refer back to when we study penguins in 2 weeks!!).
I think the kids will really get into this! On Monday we will be choosing non fiction books. For the rest of the week they will be using post-its to flag important facts, and then writing all their information down. I'll be sure to post some of them next week.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment