So I am joining Teacher Week! While no one wants to ever pretend its Monday, let’s just allow me to write my Monday Post, ok? Thanks!
Meet the Teacher Monday:
Tell us a little something about you...
My name is Lauren and I live in Middle TN with my sweet husband of 2 years and our dog, Moe. We are a family! I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in second grade and my teacher let me help someone finish their work. I had to wait a really long time, so to speed things up I finished high school in 3 years. I am a HUGE nerd (I heart collecting and analyzing data, glasses, harry potter, taking tests, reading, taking notes, etc….). I love the arts (sweet husband is a painter) and I did community theater my whole life. Somedays I really wish I had time to do it again! But- teaching is acting, right?
How long have you been teaching?
I started in January of 2009 (the state calls this my 4th year). I taught a semester long interim in Special Ed 4th and 5th grade. Then I taught first and I LOVE IT.
You might not know...
I played Lucy in “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” in highschool. It was the best musical ever! I found out that I, in fact, AM Lucy VanPelt. I can be bossy and give advice and think I am a queen… Its true.
I am kind of a Jesus hippie. I love people and trees. For more on this, see my personal blog: BlahBlahBlog.
My sister is a genius. Follow link for proof: Nikki is a Genius.
What are you looking most forward to this school year?
Daily 5 (my team is joining me in it this year. Praise!)
Writer’s Workshop
Singapore Math (Math in Focus)
Cookies from the cafeteria
What do you need to improve?
Cleaning every day. Catching the kids doing a great job so they can move up our clip chart. Not buying a tall iced nonfat chai latte every morning. Doing more projects rather than one day activities so we can go more in depth.
What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
Mauvelous tape, Sharpie pens, post it notes, something to drink (water/sweet tea/diet soda), Mo Willems books, chart paper, and to do lists.
Thanks for taking the time to read about me! Happy Teacher Week!
I majored in theater arts in college and I definitely think there is some acting in teaching :)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to "meet" you! I teach primary math and we adopted Math in Focus last year! I love it! I'm sure you will too!
ReplyDeleteMs. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots