About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hilarity

Do you ever laugh so hard you cry? I do. I rarely ever just cry hysterically. That’s just not me. But, sometimes I laugh so hard I can’t breathe and I start crying! And I just cannot stop! It is physically painful. And also delightful.

Well, this finally happened to me at school. My kids are hilarious, don’t get me wrong. This is NOT the first funny thing they have done. Usually I can just take a deep breath and chuckle to myself and move on. Yesterday, I was caught in a fit of laughter and tears!

I will spare you the joke. It was a “had to be there kind of thing”. It wouldn’t be very funny to anyone else. But, something about it just tickled me. And all the kids were laughing and I was laughing and then I tried to carry on with class and I kept laughing instead. Then came the hysterical laugh/crying! It took about 5 minutes to calm everyone (me, mostly) back down. We finally re-directed and moved on. It was a fun moment for us as a class.

003

Last Friday we wrote our class promise! The kids had great ideas and I took them all and organized them into this promise. We had three main ideas: how to treat each other, things to do each day, and how to act. My favorite idea from things to do each day was “Eat”. My favorite part of the day Smile.

Then I let the students get paper for their faces and yarn for their hair. They did this with basically NO direction. I just wanted to see how they’d do it.

 009

Is it any wonder why I love the firsties? Look at that? precious.

005

The corner child here gave me a giggle. Such short hair for a girl…

 

006

My favorite is definitely this bald one Winking smile 

007

No, none of my students have goatees… But somehow this happened.

008

And the one angry eyes kid makes me smile.

It’s the best display in the room, I think.

Next post I’ll have pics of the awesome character traits display we’re making! Whoo!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love the goattee!!! HILARIOUS!!!! ...oh and ...strawberry.

    ReplyDelete