Anyway, wanted to post my schedule for this year! My *ahem* verydetailedbecauseijustneeditthatway schedule. Here it goes! Ready??
7:15-7:30 morning procedures/read or write/get new books/use restroom/number or problem of the day
7:30 Reading/Daily 5
· Phonics-10
· Choice 1-15
· Read the story -15
| Monday put vocab words up, picture walk, predictions on board
| Tuesday teacher read, review predictions | Wednesday echo or choral reading, identify vocab words | Thursday have students retell the story, go over story elements | Friday listen to story and review for test |
· Choice 2
· Strategy lesson -20
o Intro strategy
o Model it- talk about how it helps
o Ask students to model it
o Put it on CAFÉ board
o Model with partners (with basal or just right book?)
o Have students model it again
· Choice 3-15
· Spelling-15
9:15 calendar
9:30 snack
9:45 (pull out dismissed)
· Language-20
· Choice 4-15
· Choice 5- 15
· Share-5
10:40 Math
· Workstation 1-10
· Whole group with manipulatives- 10
· Guided practice with manipulatives and writing- 10
· Formative assessment- 5
11:15 lunch break/rr
12:00 Math
· Reteach and independent work
12:15 Specials
| Monday Music PE | Tuesday Guidance 12:45 Math workstations and reteach/enrich | Wednesday (PLC) Art PE | Thursday 12:15 Math Workstations and reteach/enrich 12:45 Library | Friday 12:15 Math workstations and reteach/enrich 12:45 PE |
1:15 RR break
1:25 Writer’s Workshop
· Whole group lesson 15
· Quiet 10
· Independent 15
· Share 5
2:10 pack up
· Folders/mailboxes
· Clean desks/floor
· Color behavior calendar
· Put money in banks
· Line up
2:25 dismissal
Holey Moley. (AND this is my 37th revision.) Also- I realized today that I have no planned time for classroom meetings... Dear oh dear. But, as my adorable new button says, "Keep Calm and Learn On." If you have any questions about my schedule, ask! I'm happy to share!
I'm super excited to fix up my CAFE board and take a picture for you! Only this year, I am making it my FACE board (ya see what I did there??). Saw it on pinterest, can't take credit. But It will say "Picture the FACE of a Reader" with pictures of the kiddos all around, then the sectioned board (I put on a scalloped border so it kinda looks like a picture frame c: ). I will *probably* be using my friend Leigh's idea of putting the FACE letters on paper plates above each section... Genius! Anyway- the shining star of this display (besides the strategies that actually go on the board) will be the camera! Yes, a paper camera! My dear artist husband helped me make it. Actually, he made me do it but gave me helpful tips at every step. He gave me some good confidence :) So, this lovely camera will be posted soon! Can't wait!
Happy first day, friends!!
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI'm ashley from from TCBOTB! Send me an email to admin@thecutestblogontheblock.com and we'll help you pin your blog layout.
Thanks!
Ashley TCBOTB
I hope you had a fabulous first day back!! I'm new to following your blog and loving it so far :)
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great first day! I love your ideas!
I am interested in starting the daily 5 and cafe. I am just worried about fitting scott foresman spelling/phonics with all of the focus lessons and strategy lessons. How do you fit it in? Also, I see that you do not have science/social studies in your schedule. Is it integrated?
Thanks
I really need help. Please email me: donnalovesherbert@gmail.com
@MJ- thanks for your sweet comment! Glad you're enjoying!
ReplyDelete@donna- check your email!!