Here is the poster we made this week about using your whole body to read.
This poor fellow is doing a great job reading, but he is just falling apart! He has elephantitis of the thigh, a jaundiced ear and hand, his nose has fallen off and his brain is falling out… Poor little man. But- he IS doing a great job reading.
The kids are now at 8 minutes of stamina with the Daily 5 read to self and read to a friend! Whoo! And they are turning out to be great writers! I am very excited about this year.
Tip of the week- photo story. Just google it and download it… like, go ahead and do that and then finish reading this post… Ok- so photo story is kind of like a movie- only you use photos instead of footage. You can add your own recorded sounds or music from your computer. It is SUPER easy to make. Each step is spelled out for you.
We are making nursery rhyme stories this week. I paired up the kids and they chose a nursery rhyme to say. They practiced (chorally or I read, you read… they chose) and drew 2 illustrations of the rhyme. Then I recorded them saying the rhymes and took pictures of their illustrations. I will put it all together into a cute photo story.
Here is a photo story I made about jumping. Yes, it is pretty silly. But it will help you understand what photo story can do. Enjoy at your own risk…
Hope you have a great week!
I know that's your voice...is the other husband's voice? LOL
ReplyDeleteNope... Its our friend Ben's voice.
ReplyDelete