Where did the time go? Wasn't it just Halloween?? I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by. We planned the rest of the year out this week and it is going to be a blast!
Next week will be a regular week. We're reading Dot and Jabber, which I love. Then we are having a super fun HAWAII WEEK!!!! We're going to be teaching four Hawaiian books in rotation so the kiddos get to visit each teacher's classroom. Our books are A is for Aloha, Pig Kahuna, The Musubi Man, and an still undecided one about ocean animals... I am so excited for this week! I will, of course, be bringing in my ukulele. We are even going to choose Hawaiian names to use for the week! I cannot contain myself. SO FUN!
Our last weeks will be focused on Charlotte's Web. We were going to do Wizard of Oz again but due to circumstances out of our control (until 2014 when it becomes public domain I hope..) we can't watch the movie. We considered just teaching the book, but I think it is such a huge book that the movie really helps them connect. With Charlotte's Web, they will already have some prior knowledge and connect to the book. It also fits in perfectly with our May field trip to the Ag Center! And.... on our last day of school we will have.... (drum roll, please) FAIR DAY!! Just like the fair they visit at the end of the book. I'm thinking corn hole, ring toss, tickets, prizes, cotton candy, sno cones, popcorn! Ok... I'll admit, my favorite part of the story is Templeton eating all the fair goodies :)
Again, our KY BFF Babbling Abby made an awesome unit to go along with Charlotte's Web that we can use. Also, Kriby had just started reading it to her students. Providential, right? And in looking further we found One Extra Degree's unit and Deanna Jump's unit that will fit right in!
Now, looong ago we had a birthday day in our room, and I promised a blog about it. It is in the works. Trying to get some pictures together and such. So, I haven't forgotten!
Have a great day!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment