I wish this post was about my husband and I going to Hawaii... Unfortunately, its not! But it is about the next best thing... We're studying Hawaii next week! Its going to be a great mini-unit. TCAP (our state testing) is going on next week so we'll have to stay nice and quiet in the morning while the big kids do their BEST on the TEST! In the afternoons we'll be rotating classrooms to teach Hawaii books. On Friday we're having a "beach reading" afternoon with beach towels, snacks, and pineapple juice with umbrellas! How fun?!
I am working on a Hawaii unit for us to use, and for me to sell on TpT. I've got lots of fun activities in mind, so watch for that to come soon! I really like using fun clip art in my units and I looked EVERYWHERE for some cute Hawaiian clip art... Sadly I couldn't find something that was just right... Too many bikini's c: So I am using the clip art provided in Word. I must say I'm impressed with some of the art I've found. Well done, Word! Even though you give me a headache...
Last thing: APATHY! Do you ever find yourself getting closer to the end of school and just not having patience for certain things anymore? If so, you're not alone!! I'm so there. I had given up trying to fix a problem, but no more! I am determined to make the best of these last 24 days. I will keep trying to find solutions even when I'm tired, because these precious kids deserve my BEST! And I expect their best, so I'd better do mine!
Words of encouragement:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment