Well, I thought I could depart from the Penguin Theme… but I CAN’T! Being Mrs. Person’s Penguins is just too cute c: So I have decided I will “up” the theme factor this year.
Door- Welcome to our COOL CLASS! Iceberg and ocean with cute penguins all around- each with one of my firsties names on it! Pretty easy because all you need it white and blue butcher paper!
Line up rhyme- “Standing in line is easy to do when you take care of only you. Flippers are forward, wings to the side, beaks are closed. We walk with pride!” Last year my kiddos kept saying “walk with priZE” so I would always really emphasize the “d” in PRIDE! It became a joke that we all said “Pri-duh!” each day.
Class mascots- I have two stuffed penguins, Piper and unamed fat penguin (hahaha). I let the kids name the fat one c: Last year his name was Pencil.
Favorite Penguin Books- Tacky the Penguin series
Behavior System- I am so excited that I (with help from my super creative and hilarious husband) figured out a way to theme my clipchart! It goes like this
Penguin Perfection
Fine Feathered Friend
Waddle On
Ready to Learn
Slippery Slope
Thin Ice
Parent Contact (husband suggested some really silly ones here… eaten by a polar bear, avalanche, etc…. haha)
I downloaded some super cute penguin and ice fonts to fancy up the chart! Right now it is in pieces on the couch… But tomorrow it will be hanging in the room! Whoohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment