About Me

My photo
Teaching is my passion and my mission!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Theme

I am considering doing an Explorer Theme in my room... I have done penguins before, but I just don't do much with the theme. I decorate my door, we have a line-up rhyme that talks about flippers and wings, and we have some penguin mascots... Not an all out theme...

Our school is the Eastside Explorers... No one does much with that either, but I would like to, perhaps. I just don't know. I saw Abby's clipchart that she has made for her Rock n Roll theme. It inspired me to want to have our clip chart that way, too... But penguins just wouldn't work. However, Explorers would! We could start on Ready to Explore and move up to Eureka! or something similar. Moving down could be Off the Path or Lost.

What does a themed room need???
-door decor
-clip chart
-mascot If I did an explorers theme, we could be arctic explorers so the penguins could be the mascots...
-labels around the room "Explore a Book" etc...
-what else???

Anyone else do an explorers theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment