Today I was able to see a list of my new students! I thought having an empty classroom was invigorating, but seeing all their sweet faces is making me so happy! I am going to have a LOT of girls this year! I have always had more boys, or a pretty equal amount. But this year is the year of the girl, I guess. Honestly, I am a little nervous. Boys have crazy energy, but I usually find ways to let it go in a good way. Girls are so different! I just hope they will all be friends and stay that way all year.
The classroom clean-up process is, just that, a process! My furniture is set (I'll need an extra desk now since I have more on my list than last year) but now I have to do the little things. The things I may have put off last year. Things that tend to pile up... FILES! Oh, the files. I have a very organized way of keeping them, but I'm horrible about pulling something to be copied and then not putting it back up. I must do better. I think I will just leave the folders out until the original gets back to me and THEN put it back, instead of putting the folder back as soon as I pull something out of it. Does that make sense?
Also, my books are a bit out of control. Some women are addicted to buying shoes, but I am addicted to buying books. Its my mom's fault. She admits it. But I can't stop! I have way too many! But I have categorized them, so now I just need to figure out where to put them. My classroom used to be the art room, so I don't have a closet or anything. I do have some really great shelves and cabinets, but no place set apart for storage. Sometimes it is hard, but it also ensures I don't keep too much junk.
It's been raining ALL WEEK! Which is good because we desperately needed it, and bad because I only have a few days left to lay out and soak up all the vitamin D possible! I'm hoping for some sun next week.
Don't forget about my Pete the Cat giveaway! Over 90 pages of back to school Pete goodness! Click on the picture to comment and enter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment